The best driveway sealer for sealing your driveway will depend on the type of driveway you have, what you want the driveway to look like once sealed, and what you need the driveway sealer to do for you.
- Best Paver Driveway Sealers
- Best Stamped Concrete Driveway Sealers
- Best Exposed Aggregate Driveway Sealers
- Best Concrete Driveway Sealers
- Best Asphalt Driveway Sealers
There are two primary types of driveway sealers that can be used to seal driveways. The first type of driveway sealer is a penetrating sealer and the second type of driveway sealer is a coating.
Best Penetrating Driveway Sealers
Penetrating driveways sealers do not change the look or color of the surface. They work below the surface in order to protect the driveway against staining and deterioration. There are currently no penetrating sealers available for asphalt driveways, but there are penetrating sealers available for concrete, brick, and paver driveways.
Concrete densifiers increase the surface strength and density of the concrete by filling in the pores with a calcium silicate hydrate barrier. They are used to reduce dusting and increase surface strength.
- Armor S2000 Concrete Sealer Review (concentrated)
- RadonSeal Concrete Sealer Review (pre-diluted)
- Stone Technolgies X-1 Concrete Sealer Review (pre-diluted)
- Ashford Formula Concrete Sealer Review (pre-diluted)
- Armor L3000 Concrete Sealer Review (concentrated)
- Lion Hard Concrete Sealer Review (pre-diluted)
Water Repellent Sealers:
Water repellent sealers reduce surface water absorption by filling in the pores with a water-repellent barrier. They are used to reduce staining and deterioration caused by water absorption, and reduce the formation of mold, mildew, and efflorescence on the surface.
- Armor SX5000 Concrete Sealer Review (average 4.8 star review)
- Siloxane PD Concrete Sealer Review (average 4.5 star review)
- DryWay Water Repellent Concrete Sealer Review (average 3.8 star review)
Best Driveway Coatings
Driveway coatings enhance the appearance of the driveway, and protect the surface by leaving behind a visible, durable surface film. Tar driveways are commonly resealed with a tar-based material, while concrete, brick, and paver driveways are sealed with an acrylic sealer.
Acrlyic sealers are great to use if you want to reduce dusting, deterioration, discoloration, staining, and hot tire pickup.
Best water based acrylic sealers:
Water based acrylic sealers will enhance the concrete with a low to high gloss finish. They are available in clear and will not darken the surface of the driveway.
- Seal-Krete Clear Seal Acrylic Sealer (average 4 star review)
- Armor WB25 Acrylic Sealer (average 4.9 star review)
Best solvent based acrylic sealers:
Solvent based acrylic sealers, also known as oil based acrylic sealers, darken the surface of the driveway and enhance with a low to high gloss finish.
- Eagle High Gloss Sealer (average 4.6 star review)
- Armor AR350 Wet Look Sealer (average 4.8 star review)
- Armor AR500 High Gloss Sealer (average 4.9 star review)
- Enduraseal SB Acrylic Sealer (average 4.5 star review)